Covid-19 Spurs Demand for
The Covid-19 event has shown a spotlight on the acute vulnerability our healthcare system has in its reliance on disposable PPE. Hospitals that have reusable PPE programs are not having serious shortages — soiled PPE is washed overnight and delivered back to the hospital the next morning for use again. Many healthcare organizations are learning from this and signing up to convert to reusable PPE as soon as it becomes available.
In these difficult times, ARTA understands the need to secure PPE as soon as possible and disposables are often a more readily available solution. However, ARTA members are working day and night to replenish textile inventories and provide doctors and nurses the superior long-term solution reusable PPE provide. Because the future is NOT disposable!
Top Covid-19 Resources
- Association for Linen Management Covid-19 Resources and Discussion Board
- ARTA is participating in discussions on the ALM Discussion Board. Send questions!
- Association for Healthcare Environment Covid-19 Resources
- Centers for Disease Control
- TRSA Covid-19 Resources
- World Health Organization Resources