ARTA is committed to positioning reusable textiles as the first choice among consumers. It supports the three R’s of sustainability: Reduce, Reuse and Recycle and it promote the three C’s of reusable textiles: Comfort, Cost and Conservation.
To deliver on its promise to members, ARTA:
- Provides educational events, free marketing and sales resources, industry research, and its library of data on the benefits of reusable textiles.
- Provides a forum for the exchange of information and best practices, focusing on key economic and environmental issues.
- Monitors legislative and regulatory initiatives and provides an effective voice to communicate its concerns legislative and regulatory decision-makers.
ARTA’s Advocacy Goals:
- HELP member makers of reusable textile products achieve an equal footing with disposable products as regulated by the Medicare Program and the Medical Device Act. Objective achieved.
- PREVENT disposables from slipping past Federal Drug Administration performance standards. Objective achieved.
- SCHEDULE meetings with government officials concerning issues of interest to members. Objective ongoing.
Our members represent all facets of the industry: manufacturers and suppliers of textiles, machinery and chemicals, professional and trade associations and the operators who clean and deliver textiles.
ARTA maintains strong ties with many industry groups, a significant network of like-minded organizations that offer ARTA broad support in legislative and regulatory actions and for building and maintaining a critical knowledge base for industry growth opportunities.
- American Apparel Manufacturers (AAMA)
- Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation (AAMI)
- Association for Laundry Management (ALM)
- European Textile Services Association (ETSA)
- Healthcare Laundry Accreditation Council (HLAC)
- Independent Textile Rental Association (ITRA)
- Textile Rental Services Association of America (TRSA)